Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Binders full of women - is this so bad?

Mitt Romney has been the butt of many jokes for his turn of phrase "binders full of women" as a solution to workplace equality.

Maybe I'm too much of a geek, but I didn't see anything wrong with the comment.    Based on this turn of phrase, I am thinking that

  1. He and/or his organization are researching competent women as part of a hiring plan for his administration.  
  2. He recognizes that you should be planning ahead and assembling sufficient information to be able to provide a solution.  
  3. He and/or his organization groups  the information into meaningful units for better analysis 

How is a bad thing?  Wouldn't we want a future president to do this?

As for the comment about a binder being "old technology",  I still think of my electronic groups of files "folders" in "binders."   Hey, Mitt . . . put me in your binder.     I need a job . . .

 



No comments:

Post a Comment