As I simplify to reduce stress, I realize we have evolved to a few Christmas rules that totally streamline the process.
- Three or less presents a person. For kids, they can't play with that many items, and only one will be the favorite. The others might as well not be there. Of course, there is the pressure to hit that one, so . . .
- Fund a family outing as a present to all of you. And sell that it is a present. For example:
- a favorite waterpark hotel that is kind of pricey
- go to the movies at the most expensive time and buy anything you want for snacks
- see a live show at a local theater